- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese - grated
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 3 zucchini - trimmed and cut in half length wise
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
In a pan add 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat and saute the onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add bread crumbs, herbs, and salt. Mix thoroughly and place in a bowl.
Drizzle zucchini with remaining olive oil. Grill zucchini on medium-high heat flesh side down for 3 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
Scoop out centers of zucchini leaving a 1/2 inch border. Chop zucchini flesh and add to bowl with the other ingredients. Mix well. Add cheese and diced red pepper. Add the filling back into zucchini and grill for 5 minutes.